Dr Neil Hudson MP is encouraging people to come forward and nominate our beloved pubs to celebrate the wealth of local hospitality talent.
Nominations are now open for PubAid's Community Pub Hero Awards, supported by Matthew Clark in association with the All-Party Parliamentary Beer Group.
Pubs or pub goers can nominate pubs along with a reason why they deserve to win one of the five categories:
- Community Support Hero - celebrating a pub that truly supports its local area
- Community Fundraising Hero – awarded to the pub that raises money for charity
- Community Regular Hero – awarded to an individual who goes above and beyond
- Community Sport Hero - recognising a pub that truly supports grassroots sport in its area or brings the community together via sporting events
- Community Sustainability Hero - recognising the efforts of a pub going above and beyond in terms of helping to protect the environment locally
Simply enter here https://bit.ly/45RXJMf
Dr Neil Hudson MP:
"Many of us know what great work pubs do in the community to bring people together, whether that’s over a drink, meal, through events for Christmas or through sport. Particularly in countryside regions like ours where we must go that little bit further to stave off rural isolation, pubs do great work in uniting local communities and bringing people together.
"It would be fantastic if we could get some of our local pubs shortlisted in these high profile national awards and help raise awareness of the great work they do for our communities."
Dr Hudson is a keen champion of pubs locally and in Westminster, consistently backing the beer industry since his election:
- Dr Neil Hudson MP raises a glass to award-winning local beer now on tap in Parliament
- Penrith and The Border MP urges Chancellor to support small breweries
- Dr Neil Hudson shines a light on Cumbria’s entrepreneurial spirit at local agri-food showcase
- Dr Neil Hudson MP toasts opening success of Bampton’s new community pub
- Full reaction: Dr Neil Hudson MP welcomes the Chancellor's Budget for Growth
- Dr Neil Hudson MP visits Tirril Brewery